How I Chose the Books for The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle! by Lisa Mason (@LisaSMason)





How I Chose the Books
for
The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle!

by
Lisa Mason

As a 2016 PKD Award judge, I had access to the master list of Finalists and Winners going back to 1983, when the award was inaugurated.

When Storybundle agreed  to do a Philip K Dick Award Storybundle comprised of Finalists and Winners, I researched the authors on that list.

I chose these authors and books because they meet the following criteria:

1. They weren’t dead (that’s a joke);

2. They have an ebook of their Philip K Dick Award Finalist or Winner;

3. They and their publishers were technically able to participate in StoryBundle’s DRM-free environment.

You would be surprised how many authors going back to 1983 couldn’t meet those simple criteria, including the first.

I’m delighted and thankful for this list. I’ve read all of the authors’ works, often first as magazine stories, and met several at conventions and parties. I truly encourage you to enjoy these wonderful books as much as I do.

So there you have it, my friends. The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle includes Aestival Tide by Elizabeth Hand (PKD Finalist), Life by Gwyneth Jones (PKD Winner), The Cipher by Kathe Koja (PKD Finalist), Points of Departure by Pat Murphy (PKD Winner), Dark Seeker by K. W. Jeter (PKD Finalist), Summer of Love by Lisa Mason (PKD Finalist), Frontera by Lewis Shiner (PKD Finalist), Acts of Conscience by William Barton (PKD Special Citation), Maximum Ice by Kay Kenyon (PKD Finalist), Knight Moves by Walter Jon Williams (PKD Finalist), and Reclamation by Sarah Zettel (PKD Finalist).


The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle runs only until October 15. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. Download yours today at http://storybundle.com/pkdaward and enjoy world-class, award-winning reading right now and into the holidays.

Thanks, Lisa!

A lot of time and effort went into putting this event together. We thank you!

And for more kick-ass sci-fi, check out my novel EYE CANDY. It's a sweet, romantic, daring adventure with an ensemble of characters you'll love. And follow me on Instagram for daily writing inspiration and sneak peeks of my work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)