Martin King's 100 Blogs in 30 Days!

Martin King, author of various novels, including 
Jack Hunter - Secret of the King

is doing a special "100-Blogs-In-30-Days" challenge.

He is visiting my blog today, as Day 16 and Blog #41 out of the 100. For each of the 100 blogs, Martin is recounting an experience from his childhood. The following is his entry for my blog:

Have you ever found something amazing and yet didn’t really know what to do with it?

I have! And after reading all my true stories so far, I bet you are wondering what other amazing thing
could possibly have happened to this young boy. It is almost impossible. Well let me tell you it’s not.
I’ve watched all the Harry Potter films and the way he’s always right at the place where something
happens every single time, my life is a lot less ordinary.

But on this day, I was digging in the back garden when I found something. Do you want to know
what it is, or shall I keep you in suspense a little longer. OK, I shall tell you, I found a gun! Yes a real
live gun.

Now let’s look at the dates first of all. The house I lived in was built roundabout the time of the
Second World War. So it is quite feasible to think that it could have been lost during the building
process and remained untouched until a little boy came along and played digging holes.

My digging holes game didn’t last very long because I was off playing armies with my new toy! From
how I remember the pistol, it looks very similar to those carried by the Germans, you know that
square clunky type you see in those old fashioned war movies.

I don’t know what happened to that gun, but imagine the news today it a kid found a real pistol from
the war in their back garden?

These blogs are all about fun and sharing. Thank you for reading a ‘#100blogfest’ blog. Please follow
this link to find the next blog in the series: http://martinkingauthor.com/blog/7094550076


Comments

  1. Never found a gun. Found some live ammo once, whilst walking my dog on an old firing range. Tossed it into the garage and forgot about it. Later, swept the rounds into a garden bonfire with other rubbish (unseen, of course!). The resultant bangs were entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)